Arrangements for Children
At DCH Legal Group, we understand that the arrangements to be made for children after their parents have separated can be a sensitive issue, for both the parents and the children. We have a wealth of experience in children’s matters and always do our best to ensure that the arrangements made for the children are in the children’s best interests.
The primary consideration of the Family Court when resolving or determining family disputes is what is in the best interests of children.
DCH Legal Group can advise you in all areas of children’s matters including:
- arrangements about where the children are to live, and the time they are to spend with their parents (formerly referred to as custody and access);
- relocation, including international and interstate relocation; and
- matters that involve family violence, child abuse, drugs and alcohol misuse, mental health issues and parental alienation;
- international child abduction;
- where grandparents or other family members wish to participate in determining what should happen;
- negotiating your children’s matter;
- attending mediation and dispute resolution with you or assisting you with the process;
- preparing consent orders if issues are agreed;
- preparing court documents, if there is a dispute that cannot be resolved by agreement; and
- representing you in the Family Court.
For more information and legal advice about children’s matters, please contact DCH Legal Group on (08) 9382 8488 to arrange an appointment.