Property settlements can be complicated and we strongly recommend that you obtain specialised family law advice to help you in the most practical and cost (and tax) effective way possible.
Dividing, selling or transferring assets of the relationship is a common challenge during separation. Property settlements can be complicated and we strongly recommend that you obtain specialised family law advice to help you most practical and cost (and tax) effective way possible.
Areas DCH Legal Group can help.
- Explaining the court process and possible options for settlement;
- Preparing court documents if there is a dispute that cannot be resolved by agreement;
- Representing you in contested proceedings in the Family Court, including financial, property and spousal maintenance matters;
- Negotiating your property settlement; attending mediation and dispute resolution with you;
- Preparing consent orders if issues are agreed;
- Apply and obtain injunctions to preserve assets;
- Preparing Financial Agreements;
- Superannuation agreements and splitting orders;
- Assisting you to obtain funds for legal costs.
We have decades of experience guiding clients through property settlements across a range of circumstances, including dealing with complex trust and company structures, third parties, high net worth asset pools, and bankruptcy, as well as more straightforward cases.